Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to anyone reading this

Had a rather nice day, spoilt only by a rather sad experience around 5ish which I will talk about further down.

Surprisingly, Alisons two children were up quite late for a Christmas day, in fact I had to go and shout a big Ho Ho Ho through their bedroom doors to wak them up!

We had a rather excellent Christmas dinner at The Hobby Horse followed by a trip up to see her mum, dad, sister and sisters boyfriend.

Then back here for Doctor Who, which I thought was a fine tale, cybermen, a mysterious 2nd Doctor played by David Morrissey, and Dervla Kirwan being a superb evil nemesis.

I'm now finally able to relax with a beer or two having been chaufer for the day.

The sad news is we had to watch what by all accounts was a good pub, the Rock and Fountain, burn down. I've never been in myself, and now it looks like I won't be able to for quite a while.

I spotted the fire from Alisons mum and dads house, some 700 feet down in the gorge below, and was just deciding it was a proper fire rather than a bonfire when we saw the fire engines turn up. By the time we had to leave the roof was completely gone across the top of the restaraunt part of the building, somehow I imagine they won't be open again any time soon.

It looked like the building was empty, so I am hoping no-one was hurt, I'm sure I will find out fairly soon.

Anyway, Merry Christmas again, and a Happy New Year.

No comments: